Resolving Inability to View Account Detail Form in Infor CRM 8.3.09 (Defect)

Posted by on Oct 20, 2017 in CRM Software, Troubleshooting

Good evening all!

I wanted to write a quick note on a recent defect we uncovered in the latest version of Infor CRM.  Apparently, the URL fields within the Account Detail form are a little sensitive to ASCII characters.  We also have a suspicion that length may be an issue as well, but at this point, it appears to be mostly those stubborn ASCII characters.

Here are a few examples of what we have found.  The account detail form will not display (and throws an error)…

  1. If a website is not valid in the Web Address field, or
  2. If a Facebook URL is not simplified (e.g. http://www.facebook.com/pages/company/identification number versus http://www.facebook.com/pages/company/identification number?hrefxxxxyz, etc.), valid, and/or exceeds a certain length, or
  3. If other social media links are invalid or exceed a certain length.

That magic number, regardless of what the varchar value is in the database, seems to be 85 characters.  While Infor works on addressing this defect, we decided we should fix the data in the meantime.  We used the LEN() function within SQL to figure out which accounts exceeded the 85 threshold, and ran that against the Web Address and all social media columns individually.  We verified that the account was affected by the defect and then either simplified the URL, or made sure a corrected version was inserted.  Since this is not possible to do within the Web Client (due to the error), all editing must be done within SQL.

Send us a direct message on Facebook or Twitter for more details, or check out the contact page to see how to get a hold of us.  Good night!

Leave a Reply